Introducing the Grampians Region ‘Mental health IS your business’ elearning module.
This course has been designed for Home and Community Care Program for Younger People (HACC-PYP) and Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) funded service programs in the Grampians Region.
It will provide staff with an understanding of how to identify clients who may be experiencing mental health problems, and the most appropriate course of action.
After completing this course you will have an improved understanding of:
- mental health and mental illness
- common and less common mental disorders and symptoms
- appropriate reporting and documentation, and
- referral pathways, and when to refer to mental health services.
You will be able to:
- recognise signs and symptoms of mental health problems
- report and document observations in a professional and objective manner, and
- be aware of the referral pathways and the processes within your own agency to facilitate a referral.
This module will take approximately 20 minutes to complete.