|Caring for Ageing Rural Australians (CARA) – Victoria
Caring for Ageing Rural Australians (CARA) is a targeted grant program, designed to support projects and activities that benefit and support older people living in small rural and remote communities.
In 2019, $225,000 in CARA grants is available to Victorian communities, thanks to the support of the Ian Rollo Currie Estate Foundation. Applications from communities with a population of 15,000 or less will receive priority.Grants are available for eligible projects and activities that:
- Help redress disadvantage caused by remoteness;
- Enhance aged care services and facilities;
- Build community capacity for aged-friendly communities;
- Foster community development through opportunities and participation for older people; and/or
- Encourage positive and active ageing, community health and wellbeing, and education programs.
The 2019 CARA program is now open and closes 5pm AEST Tuesday, 24 September.